Green Years ...

Friday, June 17, 2005

Election

Today is presidential election in Iran. As I have mentioned before, I think the 'conditional vote' to Moeen is the best choice in my opinion. I am optimistic about the democratic change in Iran, but it takes some time.

Although I would like to vote for Moeen, but the problem is the limited number of ballot box, here in the US. There is almost one per state (in average). So imagine for a big state, if somebody is so far away, has to go a long trip to vote and come back. Because of that, and since the voting day is a weekday, I didn't want to go and vote.

But now, I am in doubt. I think I should have participate in this step-by-step democratic changing process, although the election is not totally free, and there are lots of restrictions and limits that hardliners have put on the election. So I don't know what to do. I have to drive a long way, if I want to vote.

2 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is this concept of "conditional vote" ? there is no such thing. If you vote it means that you accept the framework imposed by the Regime and de facto you accept the constitution of the Islamic Republic.

It is your choice (although it is easier to make that choice when you leave in the US) but assume it instead of talking about "conditional vote".

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Green Mind said...

Ali m:

In theory, you are right. When you vote, you have done it, and have to face it for 4 years.

But what I meant about "conditional vote", was due to my last post "Iran's Election: Ban, participate, or third method?". I was refering to a 16-month period before Expert Election in around October 2006. So if I am satisfied by that time about Moeen's effort against Khamenei (by October 2006), I'll continue supporting him, otherwise no.

Of course, not supporting him, wouldn't have any practical results as voting at that time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home