Green Years ...

Saturday, January 01, 2005

4th Anniversary

Four years ago, at this date, I landed in the US, INS border in Atlanta, Georgia. Since then, I am obliged not to leave the country, because otherwise I might loose my studying years for not getting visa to come back to school. The very first thing that surprised me was people who were super-fat, the size that I had never seen before.

The image about US that I had was totally wrong. Almost about anything my image was not right. That taught me that I have to experience myself - not through media stream - in order to figure out something. The image about my home country Iran, in the US, is totally wrong too. Most people probably think that Iran is a very religious country, but I now can assure that people in the US are much much more religious than people of Iran. Even people in secular Turkey, based on my experience on the time that I have been in Turkey for a while, are more religious than Iran.

3 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy anniversary ;)
L

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salam
Happy new year and happy anniversary. I sometimes read your notes. I think they are very interesting and very honesty. I am very interest to communicate with you but writing in english language is not so easy for me. I check your Webblog when ever I have spare time.
When do you finish your study and what is your planning for next year. Good luck and have good year.

Shariar Gilanmorad

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SALAM.
US will be mush much better when Godswilling your mother arrive. Take care ... -TAHA-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home