Green Years ...

Monday, December 20, 2004

Healthy Freedom

I was looking into a 30-minute paid infomercial by Kevin Trudeau in TV about his book “Natural Cures: They Don't Want You to Know About”. He was talking about the unfortunate money-based relationship between Food Industry, Drug Industry, FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and FTC , on how they want to push people, from natural food to chemical drugs based on their financial benefits.

I am not here to judge about his claims which I think is close to the truth. But something is very obvious for me that the foods and healthy system both have serious problems. About 70% of Americans are overweighed … about 40% of American have obesity.

I really feel unsafe about my health and what I can trust to eat.

2 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Proshat said...

dear green mind; first of all thanks for droping by in my blog... the Yalda post was for about a year ago though. I wonder if you found it intersting or not.
second of all I am a food engineer or at least I can say that's what I studied for the past 4 years. & in my humble opinion Food industry is moving toward organic food more & more. the ban on use of chemical (not in Iran but internationally) is growing strickter everyday. but it's people who decide what to buy & therefore they are the guids for the industry in what they shall pruduce.
healthy eating habibts is what should be culturalized into the society & it is not dictated by the industry.
however, to be the devil's advocate here, IT is THE industry who create the samples for people to choose & hence it is possible to guide the overall taste toward something... so I really dont know.... & um... am I confusing you?

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Ottawa Dude said...

"Natural Foods" are a scam, a way of saying that "this stuff is good , ,take my word for it , and no , it hasn't been tested no reputable scientist would agree with it ,e tc etc" ... it's a scam.

The Food and Drug Bureacracies of most countries are in agreement on what is and isn't healthy , and most biologists, nutritionalists agree with them. They also are quick to tell you "put down that hamburger" "Don't drink soda pop it's bad for you" etc etc, so don't blame them for McDonalds ! :)

The obesity problem is caused by there being a McDonalds or Wendies on every street corner more than it is on lack of information. A quick search on the internet or even any library will set anyone straight as to what is and isn't good.

But the TV commercials are so much more convienient ! (And absolutely false) so few people bother.

Except maybe people like me who got tired of 22 minutes of watered down shows in a 60 minute commercial filled hour, and just stopped watching tv entirely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home